Applications are invited for PhD Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences. The programme offers stipends and fieldwork grants for students studying political and social change in Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Middle East as well as Central Asia.
The scholarship programme “Trajectories of Change” addresses historical and current transformation processes in the European neighbourhood.
The charitable foundation Zeit-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius is registered in Hamburg. Its aim is to fund projects in research and scholarship, arts and culture, as well as education and training.
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the humanities and social sciences.
- Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Monthly living stipend of 1,200 Euros
- Additional funds for participation in academic conferences and for fieldwork expenses
- Participation in yearly conferences and field trips
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, as well as Central Asia
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, as well as Central Asia, are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:The programme offers stipends and fieldwork grants for PhD students in the humanities and social sciences studying the political and social change in Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Middle East as well as Central Asia.
- English Language Requirements: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: You may interrupt and save your online application at any time. To do so, enter the button “Save Application Temporarily” at the bottom of the online application form. Any changes will be automatically incorporated as soon as you press the “Continue Application” button. You may continue with your application at any time. The user name and password can be found and changed under “Login data”. To continue your application later on, please log in with your user name and password and click on the “Continue Application” button.
Please be meticulous when you fill in the application form. You should be especially careful not to exceed the 1,000 characters (including spaces) allocated for the abstract of your dissertation. The information you provide about other applications will have no influence on the decision of the jury.
- a research proposal (max. 7 pages for doctoral students and 3-5 pages for pre-doctoral candidates, references excluded)
- a research plan with time schedule (max. 2 pages)
- a CV
- a copy of your university degree
- as well as a photo.
You can upload all documents at the end of the online application form.
Two letters of reference by university professors should be submitted in the electronic form. Please activate the button below the supervisor´s data while filling in the online application form. Your reference will receive automatically an email request with the reference link. For references documents in PDF format are required. The file size is limited to 5MB. Submissions should be limited to a single document file.
We only accept fully completed applications. The deadline for applications is 31 July 2018. Until that date you may access and edit your saved application with your password. From 01 August 2018 access to the pages will be barred. The ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius reserves the right to request further documentation (notarized copies of your degree certificates in particular) for the second round of the applications.