Assistant – Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-informatics
→ Apply until 08/01/2017 23:59 CEST
→ Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
→ Department BW10 – Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-informatics
→ AAP temporary appointment – 100%
→ 1 position(s)
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department, specifically the following courses of the faculty in the department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics, including the supervision of theses.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You hold a Master’s degree in Bio-Engineering sciences, master in Engineering, master in Mathematics, master in Physics or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
Since most of the teaching will be in Dutch, you have to speak Dutch fluently.
- WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 September 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits(in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- cv, including an overview of study results (merged into one file of maximum 10 MB)
- a transcript of the required degree
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
We do not accept late applications, applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Bernard De Baets (Bernard.DeBaets@UGent.be, +32 09/264 59 41)
Deadline: August 01, 2017