Italian Institute for Historical Studies is pleased to offer annual scholarships for young graduates and doctors for 2017-2018 academic year. Both Italian and non-Italian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to both Italian and non-Italian citizens.
Italian Institute for Historical Studies, founded in 1946, aims to give young university graduates with a strong interest in historical studies, the opportunity for in-depth study into the relationships between history and matters such as scientific logic and its philosophy, ethics, human rights , political economy, religion, and art, subjects which define and demonstrate human ideals, values and aims, and as such are the subjects which the historian is called upon to interprete in order to recount history
Course Level: Scholarships are available for young graduates and doctors.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the disciplines of history, philosophy and literature.
Scholarship Award: The Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Storici is offering annual scholarships for young graduates and doctors, both Italian and non, in the disciplines of history, philosophy and literature:
- a) 14 scholarships of € 12.000,00 each (if the candidate is resident in the Campania region the amount of the scholarship is € 9.700, 00).
- b) 1 “Federico II” scholarship of € 10.300,00 offered by the Università degli studi di Napoli for graduates from Italian universities whose final thesis is in medieval studies.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 15 scholarships will be awarded.
- Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must be less than 32 years of age by the date of 31 July 2017 (born after 31st July 1985);
- Graduates and doctors must have discussed their final university dissertation before the final application date;
- Applications will not be accepted from candidates who already received a scholarship from the Istituto, or from candidates who, starting from 1st November 2017, will receive payment from another type of activity or will be carrying out a research doctorate or another scholarship (with financing).
Nationality: Both Italian and non-Italian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Candidates must be less than 32 years of age by the date of 31 July 2017 (born after 31st July 1985).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications (the form is on the web site www.iiss.it) must be received completed and signed no later than 31 July 2017 (postal dates will not be accepted) together with the following documents:
- A copy of identity document.
- Curriculum of studies, including languages spoken (Italian speaking and understanding ability is mandatory)
- Degree certificate showing marks for individual exams or doctor’s degree. For non-Italians an equivalent degree certificate is required.
- A copy of graduation or doctor’s dissertation and of publications, even if still in draft, both in hard copy and digital file.
- A research project that the student intends to carry out at the Institute, including aims and objectives, timing, materials to be used and the research location.
- Academic letters of reference. Applications which do not completely satisfy the above conditions will not be considered.
Deadline: July 31, 2017