Lancaster University is offering Peel Studentship for the year 2018-2019. There are usually 25-30 awards available up to an individual maximum of £2,500.
Lancaster University, also officially known as the University of Lancaster, is a public research university in Lancaster, Lancashire, England. The Peel Studentship Trust was established in 1964 by donations from the Dowager Countess Eleanor Peel Trust.
The awards are available for the support of students for first or higher degrees, in any subject. The period of the award is one academic year, although students can apply each year. The value of the award is determined by the Trustees in each case.
- Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate and masters, research programme.
- Study Subject: Studentship is to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Up to £2,500 and paid in three termly instalments dependent on satisfactory academic progression.
- Number of Scholarships: A maximum of approximately 25 awards are made each year.
- Nationality: UK, EU and international applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU and international applicants are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must be aged 21 and over on the first day of the first term for which they are seeking assistance. The award is based on academic merit and financial hardship. The Trustees will consider both academic and financial positions.
- The application process (see below) for this award is very competitive and therefore only fully completed applications will be considered. A maximum of approximately 25 awards are made each year.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Please downloand and complete a Peel Trust Studentship Application Form using the Peel Studentship Guidance Notes to help you.
- Applications open on the 5th March 2018.
- Hard copies of the application form must be received by 25th May 2018.
- Completed applications should be returned by the due date to Peel Secretary, Student Funding Service, c/o The Base, University House, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YW
- Please note that the selection process is made during the summer and successful applicants will be notified by August.