PostDoc on Visual Understanding for Cultural Heritage Technologies (CCHT@Ca’Foscari) – [ Postdoc ]
Workplace: Venezia, CCHT
Added on: 22/10/2018 – Expires on: 06/01/2019
The IIT center at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice – Center for Cultural Heritage Technology@Ca’Foscari (CCHT@Ca’Foscari) has the mission to research and promote new technologies and to extend existing techniques for preservation and analysis of the invaluable Cultural Heritage assets managed by cities, galleries, libraries, archives and museums across different fields of art. CCHT@Ca’Foscari is currently seeking to appoint a Visual Understanding Postdoc.
The selected candidate will join an interdisciplinary team of researchers, contributing to the development of next generation 3D digitization and machinelearning approaches applied to the Cultural Heritage (CH) and Digital Humanities (DH) domain.
– A Ph.D. in computer science (with specialization in either computer vision, information retrieval or machine learning) or related fields;
– Proficiency with programming languages, in particular Python, C/C++ and MATLAB;
– Experience of visual recognition or understanding in 2D & 3D, e.g. attribute recognition, object recognition, relationship detection and their multi-view equivalence;
– Practical experience on Deep Learning algorithms and relevant platforms for geometric learning (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe);
– Publication in major Computer Vision and/or Computer Graphics conferences/journals (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, SIGGRAPH, Eurographics, ToG, TPAMI, IJCV, IVC, CVIU);
– Good communication skills and ability to cooperate;
– Proficient in English language (written and oral).
– Knowledge of OpenCV, PCL and Open3D libraries;
– Experience of graph structure applications e.g. matching, retrieval or inference;
– Knowledge of SPARQL / CIDOC;
– Experience on Cultural Heritage knowledge data.
The successful candidate will be offered a salary commensurate to experience and skills.
The call will remain open until the position is filled but a first deadline for evaluation of candidates will be January 6 2019. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “CCHT Visual Understanding Postdoc – BC 75119” in the e-mail subject. Your application shall contain i) a detailed CV, ii) a one-page research statement and iii) contact information of two referees.
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (http://www.iit.it) is a non-profit institution created with the objective of promoting technological development and higher education in science and technology. Research at IIT is carried out in highly innovative scientific fields with state-of-the-art technology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection, and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 – email: email@example.com)