The Graduate School for the Humanities is inviting applications for 5 PhD positions in Culture Studies for the 4-year duration.
The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes that rank well internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
Students must have very good command of spoken and written English. Dutch proficiency is an asset.
- Application Deadline: May 13, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in Culture Studies, Graduate School for the Humanities.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship is paid in monthly instalments in accordance with the taxation scheme of a fictitious employment contract. The UG/UMCG withholds income tax and social security contributions. The amount of the scholarship is set so that students receive approximately €1750 net per month. This amount is adjusted annually on the basis of the “CBS consumer price index”. No periodic increases or secondary benefits are applied (as in a normal employment contract), nor will the PhD scholarship students receive pension premiums, an end-of-year bonus, or holiday pay. The scholarship amount will not be adjusted if a student is faced with additional expenses due to personal circumstances such as the care of a partner and/or children.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 5 positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: University is looking for talented and ambitious researchers in the relevant disciplines.
• A master’s degree in one of the five areas mentioned above, with an excellent academic record
• Proven research abilities and affinity with the research topic
• Excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.