he Association of Commonwealth Universities is pleased to offer Wighton Fellowship in Engineering for the year 2017. Applicants must be professional or academic staff working in the engineering department of an ACU member university in a low or middle-income country.
Since it was established in 1959, around 34,000 individuals have benefited – 26,000 of them have held awards funded by the UK government, managed by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC). The CSC’s Secretariat is provided by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), which is responsible for all matters concerning selection, academic studies, and evaluation.
- Application Deadline: May 6, 2018
- Course Level: This is a six months long fellowship programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Engineering.
- Scholarship Award: Up to GBP £5000 and intended to cover:
- international economy return airfare and other travel costs
- medical insurance and visa fees
- board and lodging fees
- research costs
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Applicants from low or middle-income countries
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from low or middle-income countries are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be professional or academic staff working in the engineering department of an ACU member university in a low or middle-income country (please refer to ACU membership criteria for list of LMICs).
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.