CSIRO is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship in Microbial/Viral Genomics to study in Australia. International students’ are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The role of the Postdoctoral Fellowship in Microbial/Viral Genomics is a unique opportunity for a skilled and enthusiastic virologist/molecular biologist/geneticist with an interest in wildlife diseases.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
- Applications Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in Microbial/Viral Genomics.
- Scholarship Award: Fellowship of AU$80K – AU$91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation will be awarded.
- Nationality: International students’ are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students’ are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as viral/microbial genomics.
- Demonstrated experience working with large bioinformatics datasets, with a focus on virome and/or microbiome analyses.
- Strong demonstrated molecular biology experience, including nucleic acid extractions, PCR, RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, and NGS library preparation.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.