SOAS, University of London is inviting applications for FDPS scholarships open to international students. These scholarships are available for FDPS Pre-master’s and ICC Foundation students.
The programme aims to familiarize students with the academic culture of British university education and to introduce students to further study in academic disciplines relevant to their chosen field of study.
SOAS, University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specializing in the study of Asia, Africa and the near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution.
The English Language requirement for all SOAS, University of London postgraduate programmes is 60% overall in FDPS Academic English course, or the standard IELTS requirements.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships now available for FDPS Pre-master’s and ICC Foundation students at SOAS, University of London in UK.
- Study Subject: Scholarship offered within the following Department/Faculty:List of Subjects: Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy; Department of Financial and Management Studies; School of Law; Development Studies; History of Art and Archaeology; History; Centre for Gender Studies; Anthropology and Sociology; Centre for Media Studies; Interdisciplinary Area Studies Master’s; Department of the Languages and Cultures of Africa; Department of the Languages and Cultures of China and Inner Asia; Department of the Languages and Cultures of Japan and Korea; Department of the Languages and Cultures of the Near and Middle East; Department of the Languages and Cultures of South Asia; Linguistics; Centre for Cultural, Literary and Postcolonial Studies; Centre for Film and Screen Studies.
- Scholarship Award: In 2018 we will be awarding six scholarships to students joining FDPS in September 2018. We will double the value of the scholarship to £2000 if you go on to a degree at SOAS starting in September 2019.
- Number of Scholarships: Six scholarships will be awarded.
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these masters’ scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- All students who apply for FDPS 2018 and accept an offer of a place before midnight (UK time) on 31 May 2018 (including the payment of a 10% deposit) will automatically be considered for a scholarship, except students who already hold an offer of a place at SOAS with no academic conditions at the time they apply for FDPS.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and will be judged on the basis of the student’s university transcript and academic reference, English level, IFCELS entrance test (if taken) and interview performance. Scholarships will be awarded to students who are interested in postgraduate study at SOAS and who demonstrate the potential to achieve the entry requirements and to study successfully at postgraduate level.
- English Language Requirements: The English Language requirement for all SOAS, University of London postgraduate programmes is 60% overall in FDPS Academic English course, or the standard IELTS requirements.