The University of Granada (UGR) is inviting applications for Athenea3i Research Fellowship Programme. Researchers of any nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Athenea3i is a research fellowship program focused on attracting highly talented researchers to the University of Granada (UGR) in order to benefit their research career with International, Interdisciplinary and Intersectorial opportunities.
The University of Granada (UGR) is one of the largest and most important universities in Spain. It serves more than 60000 students per year, including many foreign students, as UGR is the leader host institution in the Erasmus + program in Europe.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Applicants can choose their research topic freely within all academic areas. They will be organized in:
- Environmental Sciences and Chemistry (ENV-CHE)
- Economic Sciences, Social Sciences, and Humanities (ECO-SOC)
- Information Science and Engineering (ENG)
- Life Sciences (LIFE)
- Physics and Mathematics (PHY-MAT)
Scholarship Award: The following table below shows the fixed monthly amounts. Please notice that these are a gross contribution. The net salary results from deducting all compulsory (employer/employee) social security contributions as well as direct taxes (e.g. income tax) from the gross amounts. Additionally, the remunerations may vary annually depending on the Social Security rates. The rate indicated above is for researchers devoting themselves to the action on a full-time basis.
|Living allowance||€ 4,000|
|Mobility allowance||€ 500|
|Family allowance* (if applicable)||€ 200|
|Child allowance* (if applicable)||€ 100|
|Research/ Training costs||€ 500|
|Secondment** (if applicable)||€ 200|
*The familiar status of the researcher will be determined at the date of the call deadline. The UGR will provide an inclusive environment for children, encouraging researchers with families to come to the UGR with additional expenses (family and child allowance). Notice that the amount received from child allowance will not vary depending on the number of children.
**The secondment cost will be paid to the fellow only during the months of the secondment.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility: Applicants for the fellowship, at the date of the call deadline, must meet the following requirements:
Nationality: the UGR welcomes researchers from any nationality.
Elapsed period since the doctorate degree: doctoral degree awarded no more than 7 years ago. We will consider an extension period to these 7 years in the case of maternity leave (18 months per child), paternity leave or long-term illnesses (all these exceptions have to be properly certified).
|Maternity leave||18 months for each child born before or after the PhD award.|
|Paternity leave||Documented period of paternity leave actually taken for each child born before or after the PhD award.|
|Long-term illness (over ninety days for the researcher or a close family member (child, spouse, parent or sibling)).||Documented period of leave actually taken by the researcher for each incident which occurred after the PhD.|
Mobility rule: at the time of the relevant deadline for submission of proposals, the researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the date of the call deadline. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
Nationality: Researchers of any nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a doctoral degree awarded no more than 7 years ago.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents (applications should be submitted in English) through an online platform from UGR’s Vice-Rectorate for Research and Knowledge Transfer (http://sl.ugr.es/09Hn):
- Form A. Application form (Form A) duly completed. It will be completed online and it will contain personal details as elapsed years from the doctorate, years living in a different country from Spain, family data, etc. Including:
- Keywords: List 3 key words/terms that describe your research area and project.
- Abstract: The abstract (max. 2,000 characters incl. blanks) should provide the reader with a clear understanding of the objectives of the proposal, how they will be achieved, and their relevance. Please use plain typed text, avoiding formulae and other special characters.
- Form B. Scientific proposal (Form B). The candidates must provide a complete scientific proposal to be evaluated. The candidates must follow the Athenea3i template provided in the Athenea3i project web page
1 . The template must include the Ethics table duly completed.
- Additional documentation. This part includes the following documentation:
- Curriculum vitae in Europe Pass template (annexing a description of the candidate’s Early Achievements up to 2 pages max.) (in English)
- Certified copy of the doctoral degree.
- Required document(s) to justify the time elapsed since the doctorate (if applicable).
- Certificate of contract/residence/enrolment/long stays outside Spain to justify the mobility rule (in English).
- Letter(s) of reference (in English).
- Ethics Self-Assessment, if applicable. The candidates must fill in the ethical issues table included in the proposal template to be provided. If an ethical issue arises, the candidates must include an Ethics SelfAssessment2 explaining how those ethical issues will be managed. It is the responsibility of the applicant to list ethical issues in the table accurately; failure to do so may lead to rejection (in English).
- Letter of Commitment from the UGR supervisor (in English).
- Letter of Commitment from the Outgoing Phase Organization supervisor, if applicable (in English).
- Letter of Commitment from the Secondment Organization supervisor, if applicable (in English).
Deadline: September 29, 2017