Assistant – Linguistics
→ Apply until 15/08/2017 23:59 CEST
→ Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
→ Department LW06 – Linguistics
→ AAP temporary appointment – 100%
→ 1 position(s)
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the Language and Communication section, specifically in English for Specific Purposes subjects.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
What we are looking for
- You hold a Master’s degree in (Historical) Linguistics and Literature, in Linguistics, Translation, Interpreting and Communication or an equivalent degree including English in the programme . The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
- You are a proficient user of academic English (both actively and passively and both in writing and in speaking).
- A demonstrable interest in the domain of Languages for Specific Purposes is recommended.
What we can offer you
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information is available on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website(in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- cv, including an overview of study results (merged into one file of maximum 10 MB)
- a transcript of the required degree
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Geert Jacobs (geert.jacobs@UGent.be, +32 09/264 35 29).
Deadline: August 15, 2017