→ Apply until 18/08/2017 23:59 CEST
→ Faculty of Law
→ Department RE21 – Interdisciplinary Study of Law, Private Law and Business Law
→ AAP temporary appointment – 100%
→ 1 position(s)
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programs that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation on a topic of Tax Law.
- You will actively assist Dutch speaking tax law courses taught within the department (incl. assistance for master’s dissertations, practical exercises, etc.).
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master’s degree in Law (also students in the final year of their Master’s studies are invited to apply : the degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment).
- You have relevant legal knowledge regarding Belgian tax law, which is apparent from your prior studies (a substantial part of the curriculum is composed of tax courses or you hold an additional degree in tax law) or professional experience.
- Very good knowledge of the teaching language Dutch is required.
- You are interested in fundamental academic research in the field of tax law.
- You are interested in assisting Bachelor and Master students.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a full time appointment for two years, which may be renewed twice for a further two years after a positive evaluation.
- Attention: If you have been employed as an academic assistant or PhD researcher at a university of the Flemish Community, those years will be subtracted from the total maximum of six years assignment (according to the Codex Higher Education).
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information is available on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave (per year of full-time employment), bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website(in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before the deadline. Make sure you upload the following documents:
- motivated application letter, including a research plan (3-5 pages, in Dutch) for the envisaged doctoral dissertation in the field of Tax Law
- CV, including an overview of your study results per academic year and publications (merged into one file of maximum 5 MB)
- a transcript of the required diploma (if already acquired)
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if already acquired)
We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Bart Peeters (firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 09/264 84 70).
Deadline: August 18, 2017