The Faculty of Applied Engineering is seeking to fill a following full-time (100%) vacancy for a
- You prepare a doctoral thesis on software defined networks, network function virtualisation and software defined radio techniques. Topics of interest of the IDLab research team are the integration of both techniques, problems and solutions, performance evaluation and possible optimizations or novel techniques and tools to help design these new complex systems. Topics of interest of the CoSys-Lab research team are modelling and simulation techniques to model complex CPS, novel techniques for the (co-)design of such systems or validation and verification of CPS.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Faculty of Applied Engineering: electronics-ICT.
- If applicable you will apply for an externally funded PhD scholarship (i.e. FWO or VLAIO).
Profile and requirements
- You hold a Master’s degree in Electronics-ICT, Computer Science or equal.
- Students in the final year of their degree (academic year 2016-2017) may also apply.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- The emphasis in your teaching corresponds to the educational visionof the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have a strong interest in scientific research and a strong perseverance.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have excellent knowledge of the English language, in both oral and written communication.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, renewable for the next two years after positive evaluation;
- the starting date of the scholarship is determined in consultation with the promotors and will be 1 February 2018 at the earliest;
- a gross monthly salary ranging from € 2.280,27 – € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment in a young and dynamic faculty.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 13 September 2017.
- Your application contains a cv, a motivation letter and a project proposal (max 5 pages) for your PhD research on one of the two topics. You prepare this topic under supervision of your future promotor. Please contact Peter Hellinckx (email@example.com) for more information regarding your promotor.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- After the preselection, the candidates who are submitted to the remainder of the selection procedure, will be invited for an interview on 4 or 5 October 2017.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact professor Peter Hellinckx (tel +32 (0)3 265 1686, email@example.com).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Deadline: September 13, 2017