University Assistant (post doc) at the Research Platform Elfriede Jelinek: Texts – Kontexts – Reception
The University of Vienna (15 faculties, 4 centres, about 174 fields of study, approx. 9.500 members of staff, more than 94.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.08.2017 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Research Platform Elfriede Jelinek: Texts – Kontexts – Reception
Reference number: 7668
At the University of Vienna, the Research Platform Elfriede Jelinek cooperates with the Centre for Research on Elfriede Jelinek in order to establish an internationally networked research focus on Elfriede Jelinek, Austria’s only winner of the Nobel prize for Literature.
Taking Jelinek’s literary works as a starting point, interdisciplinary research work focusing on aesthetic questions and pressing issues of our times will be conducted. With the help of the new media and in the form of conferences and publications this research work will be taken into the public sphere as well.
Extent of Employment: 32.0 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
– Developing concepts of and conducting research work on Elfriede Jelinek’s literary works, contexts and reception
– Contribution to organisation of conferences, meetings, symposiums, workshops
– (International) publishing and presentation activities
– Project application and external fundraising
– Providing support for international researchers’ projects on Elfriede Jelinek
– Participation in evaluation activities and in quality assurance
– PhD or doctorate in German Studies, Theatre, Film and Media Studies or Comparative Literature with focus on Austrian contemporary literature in international contexts in regards to Elfriede Jelinek’s works
– High command of oral and written language
– Very good knowledge of Elfriede Jelinek’s complete works, contexts and reception
– Very good command of English
– Computer literacy
– Ability to work in teams
– Willingness to acquire habilitation is required
– Research interests with a strong focus on transculturally questions, on contemporary drama and on the relationship between literature and politics
– Interdisciplinary interests
– Experience in the concepting and organising of events
– Knowledge of university structures and processes
– Letter of intent
– Scientific CV
– List of publication
– Draft of research interest and/or habilitation project (max. 2 pages)
– Name and contact details of 2 reference persons, if possible reference letters
Main research field: Linguistics and Literature
Special research fields: German studies
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna ( http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 29.06.2017, mentioning reference number 7668.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity ( http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 7668
Deadline: July 01, 2017ApplyTime_Positions