The Universiti Putra Malaysia is offering International Graduate Student Scholarships (IGSS) for the academic year of 2017-2018. Scholarships are awarded to conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia.
This scholarship was created to provide the financial incentive for students with excellent academic record from countries within Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Universiti Putra Malaysia is recognised by the independent government assessments as one of Malaysia’s leading research Universities.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers up to 50 percent (amounting up to RM 20,000.00) of the tuition fees for the duration of 6 semesters.
Number of Scholarships: Depending on application quality and funding availability.
Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must have fulfilled the general application requirements for international students;
- The applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50;
- The applicant is intending to conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia;
- The applicant is not a recipient of any other forms of financial support;
- The applicant has published at least one article in an academic journal and/or has received strong recommendation from academic institutions (e.g. Vice Chancellor, Dean, Director);
- Priority is given to applicants from academic institutions which have MoUs with UPM
- Recipients must graduate on time (GOT) – For UPM Alumni only.
- This scholarship is only open to new students starting from First Semester 2017/2018.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50;
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: The completed application form can be sent by post, fax or via email.
Deadline: August 04, 2017