→ Apply until 02/06/2020 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
→ Department GE37 – Department of Rehabilitation Sciences
→ AAP temporary appointment – 80%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 202004/GE37/DA/018
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research.
- You will perform research in the area of rehabilitation sciences and physiotherapy, more specific in the domain of rehabilitation in children with central neurological disorders.
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy. The lectures and practical courses are primarily taught in Dutch.
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation and science projects.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
- Writing applications for funding and grands will also be part of your tasks.
- An added value is the extension of the current line of research on early identification and intervention for infants at high risk of neurodevelopmental disorders.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree in Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy or equivalent; The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research within the field of rehabilitation sciences, especially in the field of pediatric rehabilitation for central neurological disorders.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate.
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences etc. is recommended.
- Any experience in writing and acquiring research funding is an advantage.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills
- You may present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which may be renewed once for three years at the most, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. The term of renewal begins immediately after the first term has expired. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 May 2020 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact prof. Chris Van den Broeck (Christine.VandenBroeck@UGent.be, +32 (0)9/332 69 21).
Work location: Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Campus UZ Gent, Corneel Heymanslaan 10, ingang 46, 9000 Gent.
Information about the department of Rehabilitation Sciences: http://www.ugent.be/ge/reva/nApplyTime_Positions