The Leibniz Institute on Aging – Fritz Lipmann Institute e.V. (FLI) is a research institute situated in Jena, a lively and international University City right in the middle of Thuringia. Our research aims at understanding the molecular mechanisms of aging. Thereby we would like to contribute to healthy aging in humans. Various animal models (e.g. mice and fish) help us to generate relevant knowledge on the causes and the mechanisms of age-associated diseases and to investigate new therapeutic approaches. Scientists from 30 different nations conduct research at FLI.
Our Research Lab of Prof. Dr. Dr. Steve Hoffmann is looking for a Postdoc within the DFG-Project “Mapping the indirect p53 gene regulatory network” (Project leader Dr. Martin Fischer).
Postdoc Position (m/f)
Your Tasks and Challenges:
– Assisting in the group’s research projects with a focus on gene regulation through the tumor suppressor p53
– Culturing of cell lines
– Planning, documentation and realization of experiments with: SDS PAGE and westernblot, RNA and DNA extraction, real-time RT-PCR, Chromatin-Immunprecipitation, cloning, RNAi, RNASeq, ChIP-Seq
– Ensuring the regulations of the Gene Technology Law
– Guidance of Ph.D. students/associates
– Studies and PhD in the life sciences
– Strong research accomplishments and publication record (ideally in the field of gene regulation)
– Experience in concep????on and realiza????on of research projects
– Excellent command of English
– The contract conditions will be according to collective labor agreement for public service employees of the Federal States terminated for the project
– Salary TV-L E 13 up to the proved working experience as well as attractive occupational pension (VBL)
– Flexible working time, a family-friendly working environment and several upskilling possibilities
Application: Candidates are encouraged to send their application referring the Job-ID 1811 latest to July 15, 2018.
Per Email: email@example.com as single-pdf-document
Per Post: Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung- Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI) Personalabteilung Beutenbergstraße 11 | 07745 Jena