The Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) is a member of the Leibniz Association (WGL). IGZ carries out strategic research for sustainable production of vegetables and ornamental plants, and thus contributes to the conservation of natural resources and generation of high quality vegetable products.
We are looking for a
Post-Doc in Microbiology
Reference number: 14/2017/2
The salary will be based on qualification and research experience according to the wage agreement TV-L, salary domain east, up to EG 13 (100% of the regular working time).
The position is to be filled in the Research Group “Principles of integrated pest managment” in the Program Area „Plant-microbe systems“ at the site Großbeeren and will support the studies of microbial community analyses in the plant and in the soil.
- analyses of microbial communities in plant and soil samples using culture dependent and independent methods (e.g., metagenome, metatranscriptome)
- functional and taxonomic characterization of bacterial and fungal communities including plant pathogenic microorganisms
- bioinformatic analyses and interpretation of datasets such as amplicon sequence data
- publication in international journals and presentation of research results
- acquisition of project funds, scientific supervision of projects related to the topics and project management
- supervision of bachelor and master students
- Skills and requirements:
- the candidate should have a PhD in microbiology, phytopathology, molecular biology, cell biology or microbial ecology
- knowledge in analyses of microbial communities with culture dependent and independent methods
- experience in bioinformatic analyses of omics-datasets
- experience in supervision of technicians
- the ability to work in a team and very good communication skills in English
an interesting position in fundamental plant science and microbiology with applied aspects for horticultural production systems
IGZ is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped people with equal qualifications will be employed preferentially.
Please send your written application citing the reference number by 3rd of July 2017 to: Personalbüro, IGZ Großbeeren/Erfurt e,V., Theodor-Echtermeyer-Weg 1, D-14979 Großbeeren or online in pdf-format to email@example.com.
Deadline: July 03, 2017