he WZB is offering a position of a Postdoctoral researcher (m/f/x).
The position will be within the interdisciplinary research unit Migration, Integration and Transnationalization (MIT), headed by Prof. Dr. Ruud Koopmans.
The researcher will work on the project “A rolling stone gathers no moss? Residential mobility among ethnic minorities in Germany and its consequences for well-being and social embeddedness (WELLMOB)”, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and directed by Professor Dr. Sarah Carol and Associate Professor Dr. Merlin Schaeffer. The central question of the research project is: What are the consequences of spatial mobility among immigrant minorities for their subjective well-being, as well as for further classic dimensions of their integration? To answer this question, the project team will analyze the data of the German Socio-Economic Panel Study.
The position is full-time (currently 39 weekly hours) and with a duration of two years. The starting date should be no later than November 2019.
Further information about the WZB and the research unit MIT is available at: www.wzb.eu/en/research/
The researcher will conduct longitudinal analyses of the spatial mobility of immigrant minorities in Germany, prepare articles for publication in international peer-reviewed journals, and present project results in national and international conferences and workshops. He or she will also contribute to the preparation of project reports.
- Doctoral degree with excellent results (obtained already or soon to be completed)
- We are primarily seeking a sociologist, political scientist, demographer or an economist, with very good knowledge of quantitative methods. But we are open to scholars from related disciplines
- Strong background in advanced panel data management and analysis
- Advanced experience in working with complex data in either Stata or R
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Preferably previous knowledge in the field of migration and integration research
- Knowledge of German is welcome but not required.
Salary for the position: up to EG 14 TVöD (in accordance with the German public service collective agreement, if all requirements are met).
Equally well qualified disabled applicants will be given preference. The WZB explicitly invites women and people of immigrant origin to apply.
Please submit your electronic application (one single pdf-file) by 30 August, 2019. The application should contain a motivation letter, CV, relevant certificates (if applicable) and a two-page summary of your previous and current research.
Please address your application to: Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung gGmbH (WZB) / WZB Berlin Social Science Centre, Katrin Ludwig, Bewerbungenemail@example.com