The Chair of Bioinformatics headed by Prof. Dr. Dominik Grimm, located at the TUM Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability, Germany, offers the following full-time position:
Identification Number M315
The position is limited to 3 years.
- You will develop computational, statistical and machine-learning based methods for performing genome-wide association studies and for analyzing large collection of biological images
- You will develop and enhance cloud-based applications for bio(-medical) data
- You will apply and develop computational tools for analyzing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data
- You will write scientific publications and present your results at international conferences
- Additionally, you will assist in teaching as well as in writing proposals for fund raising for new research projects
- Strong academic background and University degree (Master or Diploma) in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, physics or related field
- Experience and interest in several of the following areas: bioinformatics, machine learning, artificial neural networks (deep learning), statistics or development of cloud-based applications
- Strong programming background (e.g. Python, C/C++)
- Scientific curiosity, ability to work in a team and self-motivated working style
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The starting date will be at the earliest date possible. Pay scale in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV-L).
Severely disabled candidates are preferably employed in case of essentially equal suitability, competence and professional performance. Qualified female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply for this position.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to the online form on the homepage of the HSWT (www.hswt.de/stellenangebote?stelle=594, “Apply for this job”) until 22.06.2018 including a motivation letter, CV and copies of certificates (Bachelor, Master).