Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, inflammation and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise the company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
At our subsidiary in Göttingen, the bioinformatics team is looking for two dedicated and professional
Research Scientists (f/m/d) Bioinformatics
full-time and permanent
with a keen interest in software development and applying state of the art bioinformatics to target ID and drug discovery.
We are applying advanced methods in transcriptomics, proteomics, CRISPR and compound screening to generate large volumes of biological data. In close collaboration with wet-lab and project scientists, the bioinformatics team analyzes these data to generate knowledge about gene function and compound activities in various disease areas. As an integral part of the data analysis, we develop our own pan-omics software platform.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop tools and methods for multi-omics data analysis, e.g. high throughput RNA-Seq, Genomic Sequencing and proteomics, within our interactive pan-omics platform
- Apply these methods to large-scale multi-omics data sets within several projects
- Work with researchers in interdisciplinary project teams in multiple research programs
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related natural science discipline
- Experience in multi-omics data analysis and method development
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools and understanding of common bioinformatics algorithms
- Knowledge of software development methodology (version control, testing, documentation) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Company pension scheme, flexible working hours, holiday pay, and annual bonus depending on performance
To apply, please click on the “Apply” button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter, including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are curious to get to know you, and we are looking forward to your application.
For further information, please visit our homepage: www.evotec.com