Laatst aangepast : 11/06/2018
LUCA School of Arts is an educational and research environment in which creative talent can flourish and develop artistically and technically. It promotes artistic practice and creative design as well as the development of innovative insights. LUCA offers a wide range of bachelor and master courses and conducts research in visual arts, audiovisual arts, performing arts, music and design on campuses in Ghent, Leuven, Brussels and Genk. LUCA collaborates with the University of Leuven for its PhD program in the arts. While working with one or more supervisors and a research group at LUCA, our PhDstudents are enrolled at the University of Leuven which awards the degree of PhD in the Arts.
LUCA School of Arts offers a four-year scholarship to pursue a PhD in the Arts at LUCA/KU Leuven. Candidates have to have been accepted to the PhD program of LUCA School of Arts (http://www.luca-arts.be/en/doctorate-arts) before the application deadline of this scholarship (September 20,2018). Your PhD project has an outspoken relevance for the research objectives of one of LUCA’s research units:
- Research unit Image (http://www.luca-arts.be/en/research-unit-image)
- Research unit Inter-actions (http://www.luca-arts.be/en/research-unit-inter-actions)
- Research unit Intermedia (http://www.luca-arts.be/en/research-unit-intermedia)
- Research unit Music & Drama (http://www.luca-arts.be/en/research-unit-music-drama)
- You have been accepted as a PhD student in the arts by the Doctoral Committee of LUCA and the due date of your second progress report is later than the application deadline (September 20, 2018)
- Candidates who have not yet been accepted as a PhD student at LUCA can apply to the PhDprogram in the arts until August 20 (http://luca-arts.be/en/doctorate-arts). They will be evaluated by the doctoral commission on September 13. A letter of acceptance by the doctoral commission should be added to the application for the scholarship before the deadline of September 20.
- Your PhD project has an outspoken relevance for the research objectives of one of LUCA’s research units and groups
- You are willing to work in team and to play an active role within your research group
- You have the skills to complete a comprehensive, long-term research project within the given time-frame of four years
- You are willing to communicate on your research at conferences, through artistic presentations and through publications
- You have the ambition to become an outstanding researcher and to share your knowledge in the higher arts education
We offer a four year doctoral scholarship at LUCA/KU Leuven starting within the calendar year of 2018.
The initial contract covers 1 year. After positive evaluation, this can be extended with 1 year and subsequently with 2 years.
You will prepare a PhD in the Arts at LUCA/KU Leuven under the supervision of a professor of LUCA School of Arts and in collaboration with one of the research groups of LUCA.
You are ready to assist with some of the teaching activities at LUCA (max. 120 hours/year) or to offer administrative support to your supervisor, your research group or your research unit at LUCA (max. 240 hours/year).
Your candidature contains: (1) an up-to-date and comprehensive CV, including an art or design portfolio and (if applicable) a list of publications (2) a letter of motivation stating your qualifications and reasons for interest in the position, (3) a letter of support of your PhD supervisor (4) a certificate of registration as a PhD student in the Arts at LUCA/KU Leuven or a letter of acceptance by the doctoral committee of September 13 and (5) a copy of the first progress report (if applicable) Only complete candidatures will be accepted for evaluation. Uploaded documents cannot exceed 4 MB. If the portfolio require a higher resolution, please insert a hyperlink to an online portfolio. Selection Procedure: A first selection is made on the basis of the written application by the research unit of the candidate. The selected candidates will be invited for an interview with the Research Council of LUCA, headed by vice-dean for research dr. Veerle Van der Sluys. The interviews will take place on October 5. The candidates will be informed of the decision by the research council one week after the interview. For more information please contact dr. Veerle Van der Sluys, mail: email@example.com or Dieter De Vlieghere, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.