Applications are invited for MSc Tropical and International Forestry including a DAAD scholarship for winter semester 2018-2019. Students from developing countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
DAAD is looking for students from developing countries with a 4-year Bachelor in Forestry (or related field) and 2 years of working experience public authority or a state or private company in a developing country, who would like to study in an English MSc program in Germany.
Students are admitted to the MSc program on the condition that they obtain a scholarship or bring their own financial support.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue MSc programme.
Study Subject: The program is for students interested in pursuing an international career in forestry, nature conservation, and ecosystem research or in development organizations.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers living costs, study fees, health insurance, travel costs and German language courses for the whole course (24 months). The monthly allowance is about € 750 plus additional payments.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: To be considered for the program, you have to fulfil the following requirements:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Forestry or a related field (e.g. Agriculture, Biology, Ecology, Geography) with very good to good results conferred by an institute of higher learning or a similar qualification
- Proven proficiency in English (TOEFL 80 points/ibt, IELTS 6 points at least)
- Professional experience is also welcome.
Requirements for DAAD scholarship:
- Applicants work at either a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in a related subject (Forestry, Biology, Agriculture, Ecology, Geography, etc.)
- Will have completed an academic degree far above average (at least 2nd class upper division) and at least two years of related professional experience
- Is no older than 36; his/her respective academic degrees should normally not be more than 6 years old
- Has an internationally recognized English test score: IELTS (minimum: band 6.0) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must hold a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in a related subject (Forestry, Biology, Agriculture, Ecology, Geography, etc.).
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have an internationally recognized English test score: IELTS (minimum: band 6.0) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
How to Apply: Application for DAAD scholarships and program admission in 4 steps:
- Register online for the program admission and for the DAAD scholarship application
Fill out the application form, upload all necessary documents and submit the application no later than 15th October
Necessary documents according to the DAAD guidelines:
- full curriculum vitae
- detailed motivation letter giving the reason why you would like to study the MSc Tropical and International Forestry
- two recent references from university teacher(s), which should contain information on the applicant’s academic abilities. The letters need to mention the applicant’s name and qualification as well as the recommenders contact details. Please upload them directly to our application form. Referees can use the following forms but other formats are also accepted http://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/de/foerderung/recommendation.pdf
- DAAD Application formfilled out and signed by the applicant
- Academic certificates, officially authenticated copies of
- a school-leaving certificate giving the right of entry to higher education in the applicant’s home country with individual grades
- Bachelor transcript with individual grades
- university diploma or degree certificate indicating the final grade(s)
All certificates must be accompanied by an explanation of the grading system. If those documents are in in any language other than English or German a translation is needed!
The accuracy of the translation must be confirmed with a stamp and signature by one of the following authorities: German embassy or consulate, or the university which conferred the degree. Original certificates will not be needed until matriculation at the German institution.
- a recent photograph attached to the application forms
- document of practical training/work experience
- a research proposal about a prospective research project for the MSc thesis, showing that you are familiar with scientific writing standards (you can change the topic during the studies)
- list of publications, if any
Deadline: October 15, 2017