The University of Queensland is accepting applications for QUEX PhD Scholarships to study in Australia. Australian and Permanent Residents or NZ citizens, as well as International students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The University of Queensland and the University of Exeter are seeking exceptional students to join a world-leading, cross-continental research team tackling major challenges facing the world’s population in global sustainability and well-being as part of the recently launched QUEX Institute.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: Successful applicants will have a strong academic background and track record to undertake research projects based in one of the three themes of Physical Activity and Nutrition; Healthy Ageing; and Environmental Sustainability.
Scholarship Award: A living stipend of $27,082 (2018) and tuition fees. A travel grant of AUD $8,500 per annum and a training grant of AUD $3,000 are also available for the three-year program
Number of Scholarships: 10 generous, fully-funded scholarships are available for the best applicants, 5 offered by the University of Exeter and 5 by the University of Queensland.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
To be eligible you must:
- Be studying full-time and onshore in Australia or the UK.
- Be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
Nationality: Australian and Permanent Residents or NZ citizens, as well as International students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Currently this program is only seeking Expressions Of Interest (EOI). Please express your interest by completing the online EOI form.
Deadline: September 11, 2017